The Professor has bred.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 10, 2010

7 more ways in which I be awesome

1. I candied some kumquats. by myself! it's startlingly easy, but only if you're "in the know". if you're like me, and you have all kinds of important hypotheses to ponder and all sorts of important magazines to read, the idea of turning fruit into fruit-flavored and fruit-shaped candy is just next-level. but i did it. i am like the rumpelstiltskin of citrus.

2. I ate 16 ounces of frozen yogurt today. Yesterday, I went to Swirls, in Encinitas, which is where I generally stop during my 30 minute commute because they have two locations between work and home. North County city planners anticipated that I would never be able to complete a 30 minute drive sans frogurt. geniuses. At Swirls, I fill their smallest cup with my ultra-secret incidentally-probiotic concoction, and it weighs in on the scale at around 8 oz. Today, I went to Tutti Frutti. At Tutti Frutti (the closest possible frogurt purveyor to Casa de Profesora) the smallest cup is a styrofoam bucket. When you put it on the scale, they let you hazard a guess. If you are within a tenth of an ounce, you win...something. I am no frogurt novice, you guys. I thought for sure I had 10, 11 ounces tops. But no. Just great, you guys. Now I have a new personal record to beat.

3. My wedding dress is a size two. My sharing that number is not meant as bragging. My body is certainly not a size two. And, no, I did not purposefully buy a dress that was several sizes too small to encourage myself to lose weight. I watch TLC, I know the drill. It's just that my ...fun-sized budget did not allow me to pay for a wedding dress what most stores charge for a wedding dress. And if you've never stared into the abyss of the wedding industry, let me give you a little textual looky-loo: a floor-length, strapless silk dress in, say, a nice cobalt blue, would probably run you around $150-250, depending on brand and store and quality and so forth. a floor-length, strapless silk dress in any of about sixty shades of white or cream will cost you a minimum of $1200. So, short story all drawn out, I bought my dress on ebay. It only came in that size. So that's the size I figured, for $1000 in savings, that I could be. My wedding dress is a size two. There are 15 days until my wedding. I have eaten an average of 9.1 ounces of frozen yogurt per day this week. Do the math. I = awesome.

4. I now have a portrait of Michael Jackson hanging directly above my mantel.

Never has the fireplace looked SO DAMN HOT!

5. I spent a significant fraction of my day off today thinking about how cute my cats are. Conclusion: Subtly. They are subtly cute. It really sneaks up on you.

6. I updated my blog. I predict that this will be my greatest achievement until February 2012, when I pass the Bar on my second attempt, after inevitably mucking it up next July.

7. In 15 days, I will walk down the aisle to Man in the Mirror. Gonna make that change. Finally, I will be Ms. Professor Jenny Day. Just like I've always dreamed.

2 comments:

Madam Procrastinatia said...

Oh sweet!! I'm taking Barbri right now and have concluded that I am actually studying for the Feb 2011 bar!!

Hey congrats on your wedding! Who knew roofies could have such long-lasting effect!

Hamburger Head said...

Under the "Labels" section of your blog, "burritos" only gets one link. Why is that?